A level 2 Avalanche course is being taught in conjunction with the Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort. Cassroom sessions will take place in Southern CA and one of the field sessions will be at the Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort with Greg French, the manager of their Avalanche Mitigation team. Greg will also be teaching a Level 2 course and we will be bringing all of our students together as a team to participate in two days of field sessions. Below you will find the details for the course.
- Tuesday January 31st (6:00-10:00pm Claremont)
- Thursday February 2nd (6:00-10:00pm Claremont)
- Tuesday February 14th (6:00-10:00pm Claremont)
- Thursday February 16th (6:00-10:00pm Claremont)
- Sat and Sunday February 4-5 (8:00am - 4:00pm Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort) Sunday will end early for the drive home
- Sat and Sunday February 18-19 (8:00am - 4:00pm Mt Baldy or Mt Waterman)
Please click here to register online.
Cost for the course $190 (Includes all course materials and books as well as access to ski resorts)
Students will be responsible for transportation costs and housing for the field session to the Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard resort. Arrangements have been made for a two bedroom cabin at the Mt Charleston Resort where students can share the cost at $190 a night. In addition, tent camping will be available at the resort and some discounted rooms at the hotel are available. Please contact Jeff Pierce if you are interested.
Students must have taken a Level 1 course in the last 4 years.
- February 4-5 (Level 2 and Level 1 Field Sessions - Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort)
- February 18-19 (Level 2 and Level 1 Field Session - Either Mt Baldy or Snow Summit)
- March 17-18 (Level 1 at Mt Baldy or Mt Waterman)